Preparing to plant
If you live in an area that does experience frosts it pays to do a little preparation work in the lead up to the first frost of the year. It pays to dig your holes in advance before the ground becomes too hard. The holes themselves should be around 30-40cm deep and 30-40cm wide.
Prior to planting, it's recommended that you:
• Soak the roots in water for 24 hours prior to planting.
• Mix compost into the soil that you remove from the hole before filling in around the roots.
• If you have heavy soil or clay in the soil it is advisable to add sand to the soil.
• To help increase the growth rate consider placing a strip of black plastic in the hole underneath the roots. This will help to keep the soil moist and retard the growth of weeds.
• Place the roots into the hole and then add your soil/compost mixture around the roots.
• Gently press the soil in onto the roots taking care to ensure that the plant remains upright.
How to plant
How you plant your Wonder Hedge is up to you but as a suggestion we recommend, one of two approached. The first is to plant a single row of roots with roughly 20cm of space between them. This will result in a fast-growing, full hedge.